It’s seven days till Christmas. I can feel the energy in the air. Travel plans. Family. Expectations.
I was out tonight at a work function and as the talk turned to Christmas and suddenly the realization that not everyone has the “Norman Rockwell” Christmas appears. It is true, We have family of all shapes and sizes. Today more than ever we don’t fit the “Christmas Norm”. But if we can get beyond the fact that it is ok to be different, isn’t that such a gift. Life is ...not about a postcard or a movie, it is about what really happens.
I look to the conversation I had on the bus home. Laden with my stuff for the weekend I chatted with a lady who is lucky to have family who she will visit just for a quick dinner. But we talked of how lucky we are the rest of the year to live in a village of community. All ages, people who care, who ask how we are, who notice if we are missing. To me that is Christmas…365 days of the year!https://www.facebook.com/lovejanie13

Comments

Popular Posts