Sunday Evening Musings...Love ...Reality...and a Bit of Fantasy


Where do the hours go?  It seems like the weekend just started and now I am back at work again. I know many people feel the same as me, but I felt like I was playing catch up all weekend. 

I looked around today while I sat on my favourite coffee shop patio and there were all these people who seemed to have nothing to do but enjoy their day.  I on the other hand was sitting on my favourite coffee shop patio, playing catch up on work.


I am missing the message? Did I forget to get the memo?

Partly it is I am always trying to stay ahead of the game.  Falling behind will not help.  I juggle my grown family which has grown in bounds over the last few years.  I now have six grandchildren and I want to spend time with them.  One of my grandchildren, as many of you know has challenges that make me always want to available if I am needed, but yet I need to work and I don’t want to let work down so I try to stay on top of things.
Some days I dream of the fantasy that someone will swoop in and rescue so I don't need to stay ahead of the game...but it seems like that might be a "real" fantasy...lol.

When I was young I suppose I had a dream.  Boy meets girl…boy and girl have a family…and they live happily ever after and life just gets easier.  I just want to point out.  That is the meaning of a fantasy…”it is a fantasy!” The reality is my Prince Charming might even be stuck in a tree! And I suppose if I want to change my fantasy, I actually might have to do something about it!


But in the meantime my life did change.  It is just different from what I expected. It is not a mistake (even if I haven't managed to dislodge Prince Charming from the tree)…it is just different from the fantasy. I have the value of my family and friends. I learned that second chances were what friends and family give each other.  I learned we all do mistakes but sometimes "our mistakes" takes us on fabulous journey's.  I learned most of all that life is about love but sometimes we have to put in the work on a Sunday afternoon!

I have to remember that I have a great job that challenges me (even on a Sunday afternoon).  I remember that there are weekends that I only get to relax with my family and friends. There are weekends that I only do walks on the waterfront.  I have to remember that what I see on the street might not be reality.

I have to remember to be thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts