Turning 50...what is life?


Last week as I was leading up to my 50th birthday I didn’t have a reflective bone in my body…lol. I actually rolled up to 50 with a bit of a “dull roar”.  I worked…and I worked and then my daughter said…”hey why don’t you come and visit us”.


I actually had no plans other than a pedi and mani (yup I love the girlie in me still) and the thought of spending a low key weekend for my birthday and mother’s day with people in my life I absolutely love the most…sounded pretty good.

But after an amazing weekend I suddenly did reflect.  Here I am ….50 years old.  At one point I would have thought that old…but today I look at it as fortunate.

I lost a best friend a few years back.  She was still in her 30’s.  I was so sad…so angry…so not able to understand.  Today…I am 50.  And she is not.  Now I don’t want to be morbid but it takes me to how thankful I am to be 50.


I don’t have a perfect body.  Pretty sure I never have.  I have a smile on my face most days because I really enjoy meeting other people and I just love our conversations.  I don’t get wrapped up too much in what I haven’t accomplished, because when I am swimming in a pool with a year old child, he/
she only cares that I love them. 

I hide candy to give my grandchildren.  I revel in my conversations with my grown children.  I am thankful for my amazing daughters and son-in-law’s and am thankful that they actually invite me over.

Being 50 is a blessing. 
It just means that I am alive and it is a gift.  Not everyone has that gift.  If I was to reflect on anything...it’s not where I have been ….or where I might go…It is what I have…right now.

Comments

Popular Posts