Are You Ready for Love?


What is rejection?  Nothing does it better than on-line dating. Am I pretty enough? Do I have the right body? Is my conversation ok? Nothing like getting to the core of who I am when I do on-line dating.  It shows my core.


Ok…I feel a little stupid.  I thought there was only one way to on-line date in my city.  Apparently I was wrong.  There is Plenty of Fish, Bumble, Cupid something or other, Craigslist etc.  I just found out there is even something called Instagram!  Wow…so many options!  I thought I was in the big leagues just actually choosing one option. Now my world has opened up!

But the reality is I was still on the bench. I didn’t realize that belonging to at least five sights in my city is the requirement.   Online dating exhausts me. It reminds me I have to smile and be polite in so many places or else and the other side of the spectrum  I must be sexy and to die for (in so many places). 

So what do I do now?

Do I join all sites?  Do I put myself out there for all?  Do I dip my toe in the water?

 I think it is harder for women.  We live in a city full of leggy blond 20 something's.  For those of us not fitting this description…well….we tend to date guys looking over their shoulder.


So I have a challenge for you all…what do you really want?  Is it an online experience? Do you want to learn how to on-line date…we can learn from each other. Do we want to learn to communicate with each other when we are caught in the same line?

Whoops…I just caught a man’s eye.  We smiled at each other.  What do I do?  Do I say hi? Do I tell him I think he is sexy?  I just don’t know what to do.  Really I want to take those glasses off his face and kiss him but that is probably unacceptable.

So I sit in my chair and type away. Am I ready? Or maybe I will read my book.  Anything to avoid saying hi.  And to be honest…I don’t know why… except ….I am scared of rejection.
Image result for ready for love

Comments

Popular Posts