Life is a Highway

 

What makes us tick?  Isn't that the question that really is at the heart of any psychologist?  I remember the day that I looked up and thought what exactly was it that made two people, raised in the same house, same parents, and separated by only a couple of years, could be so vastly different? The questions swirled and somehow that started the journey toward what I considered, "unlocking the secrets of life".  Wow, if only life could have been that simple!


Well life has certainly not been simple.  In fact, one of my favourite sayings is that I have seen the "ups" and I have seen the "downs" in life, but perhaps the real challenges have been in all of the "sideways".  Life is a journey and for most, it is anything but simple.


And so I began my journey.  A journey into discovery.  A journey that has often left me with more questions than I believe I will ever know the answers.  However, that is what makes it all the more interesting.  I live a life today of knowing I will never have all of the answers, and yet of one thing I am sure, I will never tire of searching.  In the words of Tom Cochrane ...

...Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door...


             Paris and Europe...my favourite trip and one where I learned a lot of what     makes me tick!

And so today I continue to search.  My life, my work, my friendships, my life are all somehow surrounding by my thirst to learn about what makes us tick.  For me, this blog is a reflection of what fills the hours of my day, my work, my thoughts, my introspection....all that I am connected to.  And today I am connected to you.

Comments

Popular Posts