My Gratitude List

 

                          My Gratitude List for Today


 
-          My children, their spouses and my six grandchildren

-          The ability to sip coffee while staring out at the vibrant, changing leaves in my community village where everyone knows my name

-          For having the insight to know that there is gratitude to be had when life “sucks”

-          Most of all for still having the presence of my granddaughter Layla who is just shy of her 15 month birthday and who is living with a life-limiting and fragile life. But she has taught me the value of “moments”. Today she gave me the gift of a smile of the first poking through of a tooth. It was a day I never knew might come and it is a reminder that life is to be treasured.
 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful little girl and what a beautiful gratitude list. I especially love your insight to know there is gratitude to have when life sucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words. She brings a smile to my face when I am writing this. Thank you for reading and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for every moment you have with your precious granddaughter. Thank you for sharing such a lovely gratitude list

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for reading. And I am enjoying everymoment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post, finding joy in the most simple things of life, enjoyed reading your post, and loved your granddaughter's smile... she is so cute and brought smile to my face... my pet name is also Janet:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts