When we come up for breath


July 6 Wow...
 
So much has happened over this past month. After a month away, spending precious moments with my grandaughter, I feel that I have had so many opportunities to just listen...to just be. I shared with my daughter that the gift that Layla has given me, is not just to appreciate "just for today" but to truly be grateful for "just for the moment". This morning as I am back into the "swing of that normal life," I felt my grip loosening on that lesson. I could feel my thoughts of the uncertainty's of life squeezing away at me...the what if's...the things I cannot control...the if only's....AND then I stopped and I took a deep breath and I turned on my phone and I played the video below in another post of layla laughing and smiling...not once...but twice. And I remembered. That this month, in all its chaos, I have spent countless moments that are burned in my soul ...singing, and holding, and talking to a beautiful little girl who has brought so much love to my life. I have laughed with my family over my slightly endearing quirks (my choice of words). I have shared love and giving of friends that has taken my breath away. I have celebrated with my family as my cousin has successfully navigated his surgery and we continue to think and pray for them in the coming days. I look forward to the birth of another grandchild any day. I have been reminded of the love that each and every person in my family has given to each other over these past challenging days. And as night comes to a close on another day, I take a deep breath, I smile while remembering this picture taken only a week ago, of a little girl, who's eyes and smile light up my life and who reminds me every day...what is important.

Comments

Popular Posts